Sunday, April 02, 2006

LINK WRAY

One of my all-time favorites is Link Wray. Link Wray embodies all that rock and roll is. "He is the King; if it hadn't been for Rumble, I would have never picked up a guitar." - Pete Townsend


Julie and I were in a band with John and Keith called The Bee's Knees and we swindled our way onto a Link Wray show. We were stoked. And after we played our set, we all went back to Link's dressing room in the hopes of getting our picture with him. We knocked on the door. But he didn't answer. We stood there for a bit until some sobbing woman busted open the door and split. Link Wray chased her out, screaming at her, calling her a whore and shit. We were stunned. He stopped right in front of us and I introduced myself. He smiled and shook my hand and was the niced dude ever. We asked to take our picture with him and he was stoked. Maybe he was manic, who knows. Anywho, turns out the sobbing woman was his sister he hadn't seen since her abortion 10 years before. And being a crazy Christian, Link was still bummed.
But I don't care. I got my picture with him.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Making money on the internet is easy in the undercover world of [URL=http://www.www.blackhatmoneymaker.com]blackhat twitter[/URL], You are far from alone if you haven’t heard of it before. Blackhat marketing uses alternative or little-understood avenues to generate an income online.

1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home